Frontlines is seeking two new Youth Engagement workers to engage in community building and engagement work, particularly with youth. The job is a full time contract position. The hours of this position are flexible but a typical work week is Monday to Fridays between 10-6 pm with the occasional weekends.
Reporting to the Program Manager at Frontlines, this job description is as follows
- Design and implement a variety of programs and events including aspects of nutrition, education, arts & crafts, sports and fitness and other areas as directed by Program Manager
- Provide support and direction to placement students and volunteers
- Evaluate and offer feedback to placement students, volunteers, staff/team members (as needed)
- Maintain registration processes for Frontlines activities including programs, services and events
- Maintain attendance records and other evaluation tools for all Frontlines’ activities
- Plan and assist with special activities and fundraising events
- Prepare documentation including weekly reports for Program supervisor
- Prepare promotional materials, permission forms and youth newsletter
- Conduct outreach in particular daily face to face outreach to recruit and engage individuals in Frontlines’ activities including but not limited to programs and events
- Supervise participants and maintain a safe learning environment
- Build relationships with youth and children in order to mentor and provide positive role modeling at all levels • Maintain a safe, fun and uplifting working environment
- Ensure that all facilities are kept in a clean and respectable manner for the duration of the program.
- Consult with program managers for any changes to programs, services and events to Frontlines
- Assist in community fundraising events
Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Social Service Worker, Community Development, Child and Youth Care and other related fields
Extensive experience in working with youth, particularly marginalized youth
Extensive experience in community outreach (Communication background would be an asset)
Knowledge of various resources and networks in Toronto
Must have a successful Vulnerable Service Police Reference check
Access to a car is a must
Process to apply
Please visit https://www.indeedjobs.com/weston-frontlines-centre and apply by January 30th 2020 at 5 pm. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. A successful applicant may be chosen before the date of job closing.